Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering (BE Computer) provides students with a foundation in the core computer technologies. The programme covers the theoretical and practical aspects of both hardware and software. Professionally, it instills the knowledge of making computing platforms more effective, embedding computing devices in machines & systems, and developing faster, smaller, and more efficient computers. It also deals with further advancements globally in digital technology, computer networking, and computer systems.
Key Learning Outcomes
• Use the techniques, skills, and tools in computer engineering, software and hardware system design and information technology to work independently
• Design hardware and software systems, components, or processes to meet economic, environmental, or social needs
• Set up and conduct experiments, as well as organize, analyze, and interpret data to help deeper understanding of principles and applications
• Identify, formulate, and solve hardware and software problems to ensure effective practice of computer technologies
• Analyzing problems for solutions, formulating and testing, using advanced communications or multi-media equipment, or working in teams for product development
Computer Engineering is an exciting and growing industry involving the design and development of software like network control systems or operating systems for computer and mobile technology. There are many career opportunities like system administrators, network engineers, OS developers, and Ethical Hackers.
Computing professionals might find themselves employed in a variety of environments in academia, research, industry, and governmental, private & business organizations.
Careers by Area
Computer Engineering – Computer Engineers, Computer Programmers, or Computer Network Architects in the IT & Computer field
Hardware & Networking – Computer Network Architects, System Engineers, Networking Engineers in IT-based organizations
Artificial Intelligence – Develop computers that simulate human learning and reasoning abilities Computer Design & Engineering – Design new computer circuits, microchips, and other key electronic components
Software Engineering – Develop methods for the production of software systems on time, within the budget, and without defects
Operating Systems & Networks – Develop basic software for computers or to use for communicating with other computers
Software Applications – Apply computing technology to solve problems outside the everyday computer field, for example, in education or medicine
Information Technology – Develop and manage information systems that support a business or organization